A story of a man who flew all the way from Canada to seek for his fiancee who was in the city in the Philippines ravaged by typhoon Haiyan

The Philippines was heavily destroyed by the recent typhoon Haiyan two weeks ago. But days after the storm, a story of an amazing love emerged.

A man named Houssam was so worried because he cannot get any information about Grace, his fiancee, who was in Ormoc at the time. Ormoc City was one of the areas that was damaged heavily. Worried about her condition, Houssam left his home in Canada, and flew to the Philippines. Then he went to an island near Ormoc, and then took a ferry from there.

When Houssam arrived, he saw all the buildings in Grace's area. They were all destroyed. Even her house was completely in ruins. Houssam also saw the house where Grace's family live. The strong wind collapsed the roof, caving in the building.

When the roof collapsed, grace was crushed. She was later found by Houssam in a nearby clinic. She was injured, but alive. She also suffered from broken elbow bone and wrist, as well as cuts on her face.

They were both helped by a coast guard to be ferried to Cebu to seek medical treatment. 

In Cebu, they were told Grace's injuries were more extensive than they thought.

Houssam and Grace are still in the Philippines. It's a long treatment, but Houssam knows everything will fall into place. He is documenting his efforts to bring Grace safely home in his Tumblr blog. He also has a paypal account for those who wish to give donations for Grace's quick recovery.

Houssam wrote on his blog that he is incredibly luck to have found Grace. 

"I don’t know until now how I made it out of Ormoc with her, I still cannot believe it. I realized that no matter what I could do, nothing would have prepared me for this, it was more like special forces situation. If I waited only few days, she could lose her leg. In regards to my health, I am in good health, with less stress now but my muscles hurt:)
Thank you all for everything you did for me and hope that I will not get surprises in the near future."