Ellen slams rumors of a "troubled marriage"

Rumors about the marriage of talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and her partner Portia is said to be on the rocks according to reports.

The 55-year-old host married Portia in August  2008 after coming out as a lesbian in 1997. But she set things straight in her show "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" saying: 

“I was like, 'Oh, what happened? They seemed so happy.' And then I was like, 'Wait, I'm Ellen,'" she joked. "And I should know if that was happening.”

Although she joked about on the onset of her response, she became serious with her follow up reactions to the rumors.

"It's so ridiculous to me," she said. "There's not one ounce of truth to any of it. I'm very happily married. In fact, the only thing we ever argue about is who loves who more. That is all. It really is true.”

Ellen is an open book to the people especially to the followers of her show. She told the audience that she can be trusted about what's happening with her life whenever she shares important information.

“If there's anything you need to know, I'll announce it here first,” she explained.